Client Information Sheet

What is personal data?
Personal data is data which can be used to identify you. This may include your name, date of birth, address, telephone number etc.

Where will you store my data?
Your data will be stored in a password secure area of HCNC’s web site and accessed only by Trustees and the Website Administrator. Paper copies of your data may also be stored securely in a locked cupboard and accessed HCNC Trustees.

How long will you hold my data?
Personal data will be held for 10 years for the purpose of monitoring when any previous applications were made by you, the total grant money you have received and for feedback on the benefit of your grants.

How will you use my data?
Your data will primarily be used for the purpose of handling your application, and monitoring your feedback and previous applications.

Can I withhold my consent?
Yes but HCNC will not be able to consider your application without it.

What is a Data Controller?
A Data Controller is someone who is responsible for your data and who must make sure that your data is processed according to the law. For example they are responsible for making sure that the information held about you is accurate and that it is kept secure. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) the Trustees of the HCNC are Data Controllers in common.

What does Data Controller in common mean?
This means that the Trustees of the HCNC are jointly responsible for your data when they use it to deal with your application. They all have responsibility for ensuring your data is processed according to the law.

Why might you share my personal data? Who will you share it with?
We will only ever share your information with your permission, eg if we need to contact your employer (unless required to do so by law).

Complaints handling procedure
HCNC only process your personal information in compliance with our privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however, you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your data or are unsatisfied with how we handle your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint and should contact the Data Protection Officer by e-mail to